MUCH-NEEDED BITS & PIECES from Nap’s preaching tonight
1. The weapon that was forged by the enemy for your destruction will be your weapon of choice to fight ’til you have the victory. David started using Goliath’s sword to fight his battles at a time when he was running from Saul. From then on, he used that sword whenever he would fight.
2. This is the beginning of a new season where we will stop mourning over what we have lost and start expecting for what God has in store for us.
3. If you know of people who are fighting a battle or are wearing heavy, long faces, it only means that they’re up for a promotion. Breakthrough only comes after a fight.
4. 2 Words for today: LEVEL UP!
5. ALONE: Daniel in the lions’ den, Joseph in prison, Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane…They were alone with God during the very moment when they were on their way to victory. (1 Samuel 21)
*Nap talked about declaring God’s word and promises over our lives even if our emotions may not feel like it. I was teary-eyed listening to him. Earlier that afternoon, I had felt like a hypocrite as my feelings were not exactly aligned to the word of God. After the worship, he released words of encouragement and one went like this “it’s not being hypocritical if you speak God’s word over your life even if you may not feel like it because you’re standing on something – His Word.” You declare it until you see it come to pass; until it becomes real in your life.
Good thing God gave me a few passages from His word before the service that breathed hope into my weary soul. The verses He gave were the only reasons I could dance, sing and shout out my praise and worship to Him. I was worshiping by faith because everything inside of me was screaming otherwise.
I may not feel and look like I’m there but “It is finished” and “He already has the victory.” I will trust Him on that. I will hope against hope that He is faithful to complete and finish what He has started in me.
image via here
P.S. Just found out that in my NASB version, Ecclesiastes 3:11 reads “He has made everything appropriate in its time.” a WOW-Now word.